How can I submit to Subterfuge?
What kind of submissions are you looking for?
What We’re Looking For
Writing by women, about the nitty gritty of being a woman, relationships, and sex.
We define ‘women’ as anyone who identifies as female, or is questioning.Our target audience is young women between the ages of 18 and 35. We may accept material from outside this age range, especially if it relates to women in that age range.
We want to hear from virgins and madonnas, the promiscuous and the celibate, homos and heteros, breeders and the barren, social climbers and rat racers, the lost and the found, the seeking and the sought.
Types of Content
- Experiences, from all across the spectrum. Any and all variables, particularly religion and socioeconomic variance. Be as explicit or demure as you like. Was it good? Was it not? Are you not sure? What about next time?
- Opinion, analysis, etc.
- Current topics and news.
- Erotica and other forms of creative writing.
- Discussion of the term feminism and what you think it means.
- If you’re really feeling it, a good old rant.
What We’re Not Looking For
- Your manifesto calling for the end of the patriarchy and a return to goddess-worship.
- Hardcore erotica-cum-porn that pushes the boundaries of legality. (Be explicit, be bold… don’t get anyone in trouble.)
- Bragging about your wild escapades. Your point is?
- Denigrating other women for their choices–or mistakes. Or if you must, have a damn good reason and be ready to face the ensuing debate.
Remember to be honest. Your human struggles are extraordinary in and of themselves.
Do I need an image for my post?
Yes, you do. People are way more likely to click on a post with an image.
You'll be doing us a huge favor if you can make or find one for us, otherwise we'll do the hunting.
Make sure you/we have the rights to post all the images used in your post!
When in doubt, look for items in the public domain, or the Creative Commons.